river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: RiverClassLoaderSPI
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 12:39:16 GMT
Dan Creswell wrote:
> One thing...
>
> On 9 November 2012 10:44, Peter Firmstone <jini@zeus.net.au> wrote:
>

>> Motivated by Sim's suggestions:
>>
>> Any objection to changing it to net.jini.io.**MarshalClassResolverSPI?
>>
>> This places it right where it's needed.
>>
>> Since all URI in a code base string will reside in one ClassLoader, all
>> classes in that ClassLoader must use the same provider.  For instance an
>> osgi:, maven: or httpmd: provider annotations could not mix within the same
>> ClassLoader.
>>

> I'll have to do some checking but I don't think that's a current constraint
> on the makeup of a codebase. Strictly from memory I recall codebase is a
> set of URL's separated by spaces and nothing more. I'm not sure how that's
> going to fit with insisting on a single provider.

Good point.  It is possible for a single provider to register for
multiple scheme's, eg: http, ftp, file etc.

So I guess this means if multiple scheme's are present in the codebase
annotation, then a provider that can satisfy them all needs to be selected.

httpmd has a restriction; it can contain only one httpmd url.

I'm not sold on the idea yet, just doing the mental exercise, I might
backflip ;)

Cheers,

Peter.