river-dev mailing list archives

From Simon IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl>
Subject ServiceDiscoveryManager behaviour
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 10:44:29 GMT
I have a question as to the behaviour of ServiceDiscoveryManager.

When i create a lookupCache with a ServiceDiscoveryListener in the
constructor, very seldom i miss a ServiceAdded event for a service that
is discovered,
while another lookupCache created with the same ServiceDiscoveryManager
but earlier, with a ServiceDiscoveryListener in the constructor, does
get a ServiceAdded event for the service.

I've tried to find a definition of this behaviour, but cannot find it.
Does the SDL get a serviceAdded event for every service discovered, or
do i need to read the lookupCache at construction time and generate the
events myself?

Reading the docs of LookupCache.addListener() i suspect some race
condition in creating the lookupCache. Have others had this occur as
well? Maybe due to transient network errors?

As a sidenode, shall we ensure the QA build is run on a multi-core
machine? In order to expose those possible race conditions?