river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Next Release (PING)
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 06:57:39 GMT
Simon IJskes - QCG wrote:
> On 28-10-12 15:47, Simon IJskes - QCG wrote:
>>>
>>> none. go for it!
>>
>> Although, what do we do with the failing tests since the URL->URI
>> commits?

I recall recently some tests were failing because of spaces in path
names, but that's what I'd expect; spaces are used as codebase
delimiters, so failure is correct because the path is incorrectly formatted.

When I was developing URI changes, all tests passed when path names were
correctly formatted, in fact it solved so many issues that the Windows
platform can now be supported without cigwin.

If we can find a reason URI code is not standards compliant, then lets
fix it, but it's up to users for format their paths correctly. I've
provided a utility class for that purpose.

I do have a suggestion prior to release though, that all new code in
org.apache.river be separated into org.apache.river.api or
org.apache.river.impl.

Cheers,

Peter.