river-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Reedy <dennis.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: com.sun.jini.reggie.Registrar
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 18:21:19 GMT
Just curious, but are you planning to use the JSR 160 attributes? You would also need to start
a JMX connector server for the JVM. With Rio, services that run in their own JVMs get advertised
with the following:

net.jini.lookup.entry.jmx.JMXProtocolType
net.jini.lookup.entry.jmx.JMXProperty

The latter has the JMX connector service URL (of course you'd need MBeans added as well).
Using a standard client that discovers services that has these attributes can be used to attach
jconsole (or visualvm) to the remote service(s). No custom service ui is required, you just
need to discover these attributes.

HTH

Dennis