river-dev mailing list archives

From James Grahn <grahn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: River exception usage.
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2012 01:03:55 GMT
On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 8:17 AM, Simon IJskes - QCG <simon@qcg.nl> wrote:
> In concrete term, you would like to see RiverException as a catchable
> Exception for all river related problems. This would have 2 options,
> wrapping, or deriving. As there is no real single API, this would mean
> derive everything from RiverException. do you agree?

I do not quite follow your point about having "no real single API".

Both wrapping and deriving achieve similar ends, yes, and after more
thought I see no reason to choose.

Where an externally provided exception is the best expression of
what's going on, wrap.   Where River would need to create an exception
anyway, derive.

> Gr. Simon
James