river-dev mailing list archives

From Simon IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: RiverClassLoaderSpi
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 17:18:32 GMT
On 26-10-12 17:41, Gregg Wonderly wrote:
> I believe the patches shown there have been put in place now have
> they not?  Peter was working on this a while back, and I thought that

I'm not sure. Could you check? I've in the mean time implemented the
Spi, and it works for me. I was bitten by the exact problem described in
the comments in the ticket.

> What I did was all that was strictly necessary to make it possible to
> replace the use of RMIClassLoaderSPI with similar behavior, but that
> behavior could be plugged in at runtime, with appropriate
> permissions.  Since I just patched over the present logic, it doesn't
> change how things work, just where the software that processes the
> "events" can come from.

I cannot find 'CodebaseAccessClassLoader' in the code.

> It can also allow the "annotation" to change use/behavior on JVMs
> which share a common behavior plugged in with this facility.  This
> implies that things as "elegant" as Maven, could actually be used for
> codebase resolution.

Hum. Yes. Eveything is possible! :) In the mean time i've coded a Spi,
with a default implementation to RMIClassLoader, but not with the
SystemClassLoader, but the classloader of the Spi found.

Gr. Simon