river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: ServiceItem without hashCode/equals
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 08:31:35 GMT
Because the service registrar uses serialised form, not objects for comparison with ServiceTemplate.

This of course has been a complaint for developers who wanted to do more complex comparisons,
but doing so would require deserialising into object form.

StreamServiceRegistrar, although it has no service implementation, was intended to handle
more complex comparison based logical queries locally.  The api of this registrar extension
interface was developed collaboratively on river dev, we just need a service implementation
if someone is willing and has the time to take up the challenge.

Cheers,

Peter.