river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Why are we removing authors names?
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 11:59:18 GMT
Yes I saw that.

But it says discouraged, not prohibited.

I must have missed the discussion, did we vote on it?

Have any other Apache projects removed all authors tags?

The reasoning seems sound for small projects, however I'd argue the size of our codebase easily
dispells any doubt that it was written by more than one developer.

We should also have a discussion with developers and find out whether this would affect the
time they're prepared to contribute.   I've heard of young developers who contribute free
code to improve their employment prospects.

Regards,

Peter.