river-dev mailing list archives

From Bishnu Gautam <bishn...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: WELCOME to dev@river.apache.org
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 00:26:32 GMT

Hi Peter and Simon
Thanks for messages.Yes, I was thinking of DNS-SRV discovery. Also, UDT is better than TCP.
I am very interested to use Java UDT and totally agree to apply this protocol. That will efficiently
work I think. I am building an application that transfer all bundled JPanel wraped jini/river
services to client sides. I am able to execute it in muliti-Lan environment. I will donate
this code to river community. My next phase is to implement it to execute in internet. If
you guys have already implemented some of it, lets share the codes or lets discuss so that
we can bring river project as one of the demanding solution not only in distributed environment
but also for the cloud community. I think this is the right time for jini/river community
to come into the business or into the cloud.
RegardsBishnu

Bishnu Prasad Gautam

> Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 18:12:55 +1000
> From: jini@zeus.net.au
> To: dev@river.apache.org
> Subject: Re: WELCOME to dev@river.apache.org
>
> Thanks Bishnu, welcome to River!
>
> I've had some plans with regard to internet based services, not much
> implemented I'm afraid, time constraints...
>
>    1. org.apache.river.api.lookup.StreamServiceRegistrar - interface for
>       internet based service registrars (lookup service).
>    2. DNS-SRV Discovery, to use in place of multicast discovery, this
>       (not yet implemented) discovers the location of lookup services,
>       to be used in Unicast Discovery.
>    3. Java UDT Sockets - not yet implemented, this is basically Data
>       over UDP, which is easier to get through firewalls than TCP.
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter.
>
> Bishnu Gautam wrote:
> > Hello River Team
> > It seems that Jini is getting its pace in terms of River. This is good indication
and I think that River has great potential if we can build some application that can interact
over Internet.I am planning to do a research work whether we can make an application of River
that can interact over internet as I found there are some issues of firewall etc. Would you
let me know, whether the River team has plan of bringing River on the Internet ?