river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: WELCOME to dev@river.apache.org
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2012 08:12:55 GMT
Thanks Bishnu, welcome to River!

I've had some plans with regard to internet based services, not much
implemented I'm afraid, time constraints...

   1. org.apache.river.api.lookup.StreamServiceRegistrar - interface for
      internet based service registrars (lookup service).
   2. DNS-SRV Discovery, to use in place of multicast discovery, this
      (not yet implemented) discovers the location of lookup services,
      to be used in Unicast Discovery.
   3. Java UDT Sockets - not yet implemented, this is basically Data
      over UDP, which is easier to get through firewalls than TCP.

Regards,

Peter.

Bishnu Gautam wrote:
> Hello River Team
> It seems that Jini is getting its pace in terms of River. This is good indication and
I think that River has great potential if we can build some application that can interact
over Internet.I am planning to do a research work whether we can make an application of River
that can interact over internet as I found there are some issues of firewall etc. Would you
let me know, whether the River team has plan of bringing River on the Internet ?