river-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Hobbs <tvho...@googlemail.com>
Subject River Reference Implementation
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 10:12:06 GMT
Hi all,

It has been suggested that we create a River reference application and
this is a call for people willing to get involved.

But first let me clear up some potential confusion.  River is, of
course,  a reference implementation of the Jini and JavaSpaces
Specifications.  This call for a "reference application" is more akin
to a business product using River.  Think of it as being something
like Java's Pet Store.

So the first question is deciding what kind of application to build.
So some suggestions have been;

- Pet Store
- Multiplayer distributed Tron-like game
- Tools (- less an application more like larger components to help
users solve their own business problems)

These options are by no means exhaustive and are certainly open to
discussion.  Does anyone have any better ideas or a preference?  Who
wants to get involved?

Thanks to the River PMC for coming up with this idea and providing the
first spark of inspiration for what to build!

Cheers,

Tom