river-dev mailing list archives

From Simon IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: River Reference Implementation
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 10:19:10 GMT
On 12-04-12 12:12, Tom Hobbs wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It has been suggested that we create a River reference application and
> this is a call for people willing to get involved.
>
> But first let me clear up some potential confusion.  River is, of
> course,  a reference implementation of the Jini and JavaSpaces
> Specifications.  This call for a "reference application" is more akin
> to a business product using River.  Think of it as being something
> like Java's Pet Store.

What technical aspects do we want to demonstrate with this reference
application?

I can think of several aspects river has:
- class based server/rpc definition
- TLS based security
- discovery
- code mobility

We can build a chat application, but i don't think that is the best
application to show rivers potential.

Gr. Simon