river-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Creswell <dan.cresw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scala and River
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 17:40:03 GMT

On 2 February 2012 17:29, Tom Hobbs <tvhobbs@googlemail.com> wrote:

> How do people feel about having a Scala interface for accessing a Djinn?

Neutral. I ultimately want to spend some time pondering implications for
packaging of services, classloading and such just because those are the
usual pain points, not because I know there's a problem.

> For example;
>
>  - Want to shut down all the services?  "mydjinn map shutdown"
>  - Want to do something to all the spaces?  "mydjinn filter spaces map
> doSomething"
>
> Let just say that something is taking shape which will provide a very
> easy mechanism to gain access to simple djinn setup.
>
> I'm kind of interested in how much people would like to see it, but
> since it's getting written anyway, I'm also interested to know how/if
> we can modify the build to build the new Scala bits.

I've managed some mixed java/scala builds using sbt, no experience with
trying to get ant to do such a thing....