river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <peter.firmst...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Release: Making Delgates and reference Collections separate libraries
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 23:40:44 GMT
I'm removing delgate implementations from apache river, in preparation
for release, they cannot support compilation on both java 6 and 7 with
the same source code.   Delegates depend on reference collections,
there's also some common security stuff, that could be broken out
separately that Delegates require, eg PermissionComparator.

I propose three separate libraries, that can exist independantly of
River releases:

   1. reference-collections
   2. delegates (depends on reference-collections and PermissionComparator).
   3. concurrent policy file provider, including PermissionComparator.

I've attached the public api for reference collections (this is my own
local copy, it's AL2 licensed, it's a better documented than the copy in
trunk at present), we can change the package path names later after we
decide a suitable name, I'm thinking we might need to create a libs
subproject for this stuff on svn.

Cheers,

Peter.