river-dev mailing list archives

From Simon IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: Code review release 2.2.1 - dedicated to Fred Oliver
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2012 11:57:03 GMT
On 11-02-12 12:08, Peter wrote:

> [...]

There are a few methods of backing out, i would prefer branching the
last correct revision number in trunk, moving the trunk, and moving this
branch in place of the trunk. I can do this if you want.

> Got any advice?

The next time you merge, and the branch you merge from is old compared
to the trunk, you could make patch file, or diff and manually accept
line changes in Netbeans for instance by using the visual diff, under
the menu option 'Diff to'.

There are different approaches to checking in, but i have no problem
with a partial commit, followed by many other partial commits, that
allow you to check each step. Those partial commits do not have to
compile in my view, as long as the result of these multiple commits is a
stable build in the end. (others have a more 'only commit compilable
steps' approach, unworkable in my view).