river-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Creswell <dan.cresw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fundamental reflective proxies
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2012 08:46:02 GMT
Depends what you call a platform service but at least in the case of
both Registrar and JavaSpace the ability to custom serialise on the
client and avoid leaking classes into the server-JVM makes reflective
proxies a non-starter.

On 22 January 2012 01:29, Peter <jini@zeus.net.au> wrote:
> Easy to develop & secure - no proxy codebase required.
> No classloading issues.
> No class version issues.
>
> The more I think about it, code sharing, whilst a powerful feature, should be limited
to trusted parties who have signed their code, or have their own registrar that uses secure
discovery and requires authentication.

> If the platform only used reflective proxy's for services, River would be far easier
to deploy for new developers.

> Has anyone previously looked into why we need smart proxy's for platform services and
what we'd lose if we only used reflective proxies?