river-dev mailing list archives

From Girbea Alina <alina.gir...@unitbv.ro>
Subject Problem starting the reggie service
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 08:13:03 GMT
Hi,

This is the site from which I haven taken the previous instructions:
http://www.javacoffeebreak.com/books/extracts/jini/LookupDiscovery.html

Now I’m trying to start the reggie service as specified in the API
of the reggie class
(http://river.apache.org/doc/api/com/sun/jini/reggie/package-summary.html#start_transient_jrmp_config).
I’ve taken the instructions from the section ‘Starting Transient
Reggie using Jini ERI’ and I have used the following command line
instruction:

Unfortunately I get the following error:

D:\>java -Djava.security.policy=D:\policy.all -jar
D:\apache-river-2.2.0-bin\ap
ache-river-2.2.0\lib\start.jar D:\start-transient-reggie.config
Jan 16, 2012 10:02:08 AM
com.sun.jini.start.NonActivatableServiceDescriptor crea
te
SEVERE: classloader.problem
Jan 16, 2012 10:02:08 AM com.sun.jini.start.ServiceStarter
checkResultFailures
WARNING: Exception creating service.
java.io.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label
syntax is inc
orrect
        at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.canonicalize0(Native Method)
        at java.io.Win32FileSystem.canonicalize(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.File.getCanonicalPath(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.File.getCanonicalFile(Unknown Source)
        at
com.sun.jini.start.ClassLoaderUtil.getClasspathURLs(ClassLoaderUtil.j
ava:77)
        at
com.sun.jini.start.ClassLoaderUtil.getImportCodebaseURLs(ClassLoaderU
til.java:135)
        at
com.sun.jini.start.NonActivatableServiceDescriptor.create(NonActivata
bleServiceDescriptor.java:598)
        at
com.sun.jini.start.ServiceStarter.create(ServiceStarter.java:287)
        at
com.sun.jini.start.ServiceStarter.processServiceDescriptors(ServiceSt
arter.java:445)
        at
com.sun.jini.start.ServiceStarter.main(ServiceStarter.java:476)
Jan 16, 2012 10:02:08 AM com.sun.jini.start.ServiceStarter
checkResultFailures
WARNING: Associated service descriptor [0]:
[http://RO1CVPFC.ww300.siemens.net:8
eggie.jar, com.sun.jini.reggie.TransientRegistrarImpl, [D:
ransient-reggie.
config], com.sun.jini.start.NonActivatableServiceDescriptor$1@c4aad3,
BasicProxy
Preparer[]]

All files specified in the instructions are in the correct place. This
is the content of the file
‘start-transient-reggie.config’:

import com.sun.jini.start.ServiceDescriptor;
import com.sun.jini.start.NonActivatableServiceDescriptor;

com.sun.jini.start {

    private static codebase ="http://localhost:8080/reggie-dl.jar";

    private static policy = "D:\policy.all";

    private static classpath =
"D:\jini\apache-river-2.2.0\lib\reggie.jar";

    private static config = "D:\transient-reggie.config";

     static serviceDescriptors = new ServiceDescriptor[] {
        new NonActivatableServiceDescriptor(
            codebase, policy, classpath,
           "com.sun.jini.reggie.TransientRegistrarImpl",
            new String[] { config })
    };
}

and of the file ‘transient-reggie.config’:

com.sun.jini.reggie {
   initialMemberGroups = new String[] {};
}

In the example explained in the API, it was ‘initialMemberGroups =
new String[] { "your.group" };’, but I don’t think that this
matters.

Thank you!
Alina

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, Quoted Printable, 0 bytes)
View raw message