river-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Wonderly <gregg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ServiceUI spec uses Toaster example
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2012 22:36:26 GMT
On 1/20/2012 2:03 PM, Peter Firmstone wrote:
> Has anyone got a good example for ServiceUI, I'd personally like to remove all
> references to Toaster's in our documentation.

If you look at the http://startnow.dev.java.net project under the adminui tree,
you'll find serviceUI for all the current Administrable details that is
dynamically built based on what interfaces the service proxy implements.  It
just builds a tabbed pane component.  You can just instantiate the
AdminUIJFrameFactory and put it into a UIDescriptor.   This is some pretty dated
code, but something I tried to push to become part of the serviceUI distribution
as a "default" example of a serviceUI, as well as the "default" Administrable
UI.  But, I wasn't able to make the point of it being necessary I guess.

Gregg Wonderly