river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: time to move on?
Date Sun, 15 Jan 2012 08:55:20 GMT
Simon IJskes - QCG wrote:
> Shall we adapt our compatibility policy?
>
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/eol-135779.html
>
> Gr. Sim

+1

Might as well, we don't have the resources at present to support Java 5
properly and we can't compile the build on it due to dependencies and
aren't testing on it. Since the bytecode version hasn't changed and no
proxy code has changed, people will be able to have more than one
version of River and Java in a djinn, so they can migrate a djinn
without shutting it down.

Also some of my concurrency work depends on Java 6 library features.

I'll look into what needs to be done to migrate the jtreg tests to java
6.  I think it was just the name service provider and finding a
replacement for keytool.

Cheers,

Peter.