river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: SVN Merge
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 10:06:49 GMT
You are not going to believe which class is responsible for the test
regressions:

java.security.Permissions

It's not resolving an UnresolvedPermission, don't ask me why not, I
haven't inspected sun's version of the source, since I wrote my
implementation from Apache Harmony:

It is only being used in a single thread, never shared, it doesn't make
any sense, as you can see the permission is there, I've checked it,
swapping out Permissions for ConcurrentPermissions fixes it.   This is
an old class, heavily used and tested in the wild, although I'm using it
differently by creating and discarding it after one use.

Go figure, guess I'm going to have to keep ConcurrentPermissions after
all.  Bugger, that stuffs my refactoring plans!  They were working out
so well too.

[java] ActSys-err: INFO: activation daemon started
     [java] ActSys-err: SecurityManager: java.lang.SecurityManager@1989b5
     [java] ActSys-err: Policy:
net.jini.security.policy.DynamicPolicyProvider@a00185
     [java] ActSys-err: ProtectionDomain: ProtectionDomain  (null <no
signer certificates>)
     [java] ActSys-err:  null
     [java] ActSys-err:  <no principals>
     [java] ActSys-err:  java.security.Permissions@e3849c (
     [java] ActSys-err:  (java.security.SecurityPermission getPolicy)
     [java] ActSys-err:  (java.lang.RuntimePermission stopThread)
     [java] ActSys-err:  (java.io.FilePermission
/opt/src/River_Fixed_2nd_Try/peterConcurrentPolicy/qa/lib/- read)
     [java] ActSys-err:  (java.net.SocketPermission localhost:1024-
listen,resolve)
     [java] ActSys-err:  (java.util.PropertyPermission line.separator read)
     [java] ActSys-err:  (java.util.PropertyPermission
java.vm.specification.version read)
     [java] ActSys-err:  (java.util.PropertyPermission java.vm.version read)
     [java] ActSys-err:  (java.util.PropertyPermission FILEPOLICY02 read)
     [java] ActSys-err:  (java.util.PropertyPermission java.vendor.url read)
     [java] ActSys-err:  (java.util.PropertyPermission
java.vm.specification.vendor read)
     [java] ActSys-err:  (java.util.PropertyPermission java.vm.name read)
     [java] ActSys-err:  (java.util.PropertyPermission os.name read)
     [java] ActSys-err:  (java.util.PropertyPermission
java.system.class.loader read)
     [java] ActSys-err:  (java.util.PropertyPermission java.vm.vendor read)
     [java] ActSys-err:  (java.util.PropertyPermission path.separator read)
     [java] ActSys-err:  (java.util.PropertyPermission
java.specification.name read)
     [java] ActSys-err:  (java.util.PropertyPermission os.version read)
     [java] ActSys-err:  (java.util.PropertyPermission
com.sun.jini.reggie.enableImplToStubReplacement read)
     [java] ActSys-err:  (java.util.PropertyPermission os.arch read)
     [java] ActSys-err:  (java.util.PropertyPermission
java.class.version read)
     [java] ActSys-err:  (java.util.PropertyPermission java.version read)
     [java] ActSys-err:  (java.util.PropertyPermission file.separator read)
     [java] ActSys-err:  (java.util.PropertyPermission java.vendor read)
     [java] ActSys-err:  (java.util.PropertyPermission
java.vm.specification.name read)
     [java] ActSys-err:  (java.util.PropertyPermission
java.specification.version read)
     [java] ActSys-err:  (java.util.PropertyPermission
java.specification.vendor read)
     [java] ActSys-err:  (unresolved com.sun.jini.phoenix.ExecPermission
/bin/javax )
     [java] ActSys-err:  (unresolved
com.sun.jini.phoenix.ExecOptionPermission * )
     [java] ActSys-err: )
     [java] ActSys-err:
     [java] ActSys-err:
     [java] com.sun.jini.qa.harness.TestException: Unexpected exception
starting service; nested exception is:
     [java]     Unexpected Exception
     [java]     at
com.sun.jini.qa.harness.SharedGroupAdmin.start(SharedGroupAdmin.java:218)
     [java]     at
com.sun.jini.qa.harness.AdminManager.startService(AdminManager.java:639)
     [java]     at
com.sun.jini.qa.harness.AdminManager.startService(AdminManager.java:660)
     [java]     at
com.sun.jini.test.impl.start.AbstractStartBaseTest.setup(AbstractStartBaseTest.java:64)
     [java]     at
com.sun.jini.qa.harness.MasterTest.doTest(MasterTest.java:217)
     [java]     at
com.sun.jini.qa.harness.MasterTest.main(MasterTest.java:142)
     [java] Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected Exception
     [java]     at
com.sun.jini.start.SharedActivationGroupDescriptor.create(SharedActivationGroupDescriptor.java:371)
     [java]     at
com.sun.jini.qa.harness.SharedGroupAdmin.start(SharedGroupAdmin.java:205)
     [java]     ... 5 more
     [java] Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access
denied (com.sun.jini.phoenix.ExecOptionPermission
"-Dcom.sun.jini.qa.harness.harnessJar=/opt/src/River_Fixed_2nd_Try/peterConcurrentPolicy/qa/lib/jiniharness.jar")
     [java]     at
net.jini.jeri.BasicInvocationDispatcher.checkClientPermission(BasicInvocationDispatcher.java:950)
     [java]     at
com.sun.jini.phoenix.DefaultGroupPolicy.checkPermission(DefaultGroupPolicy.java:112)
     [java]     at
com.sun.jini.phoenix.DefaultGroupPolicy.checkGroup(DefaultGroupPolicy.java:81)
     [java]     at
com.sun.jini.phoenix.SystemAccessILFactory$SystemDispatcher.invoke(SystemAccessILFactory.java:289)
     [java]     at
net.jini.jeri.BasicInvocationDispatcher.dispatch(BasicInvocationDispatcher.java:609)
     [java]     at
com.sun.jini.jeri.internal.runtime.Target$2.run(Target.java:491)
     [java]     at
net.jini.export.ServerContext.doWithServerContext(ServerContext.java:103)
     [java]     at
com.sun.jini.jeri.internal.runtime.Target.dispatch(Target.java:488)
     [java]     at
com.sun.jini.jeri.internal.runtime.Target.access$000(Target.java:57)
     [java]     at
com.sun.jini.jeri.internal.runtime.Target$1.run(Target.java:464)
     [java]     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)
     [java]     at
com.sun.jini.jeri.internal.runtime.Target.dispatch(Target.java:461)
     [java]     at
com.sun.jini.jeri.internal.runtime.Target.dispatch(Target.java:426)
     [java]     at
com.sun.jini.jeri.internal.runtime.DgcRequestDispatcher.dispatch(DgcRequestDispatcher.java:210)
     [java]     at
net.jini.jeri.connection.ServerConnectionManager$Dispatcher.dispatch(ServerConnectionManager.java:147)
     [java]     at
com.sun.jini.jeri.internal.mux.MuxServer$1$1.run(MuxServer.java:244)
     [java]     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)
     [java]     at
com.sun.jini.jeri.internal.mux.MuxServer$1.run(MuxServer.java:241)
     [java]     at
com.sun.jini.thread.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:140)
     [java]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
     [java]     at
com.sun.jini.jeri.internal.runtime.Util.__________EXCEPTION_RECEIVED_FROM_SERVER__________(Util.java:108)
     [java]     at
com.sun.jini.jeri.internal.runtime.Util.exceptionReceivedFromServer(Util.java:101)
     [java]     at
net.jini.jeri.BasicInvocationHandler.unmarshalThrow(BasicInvocationHandler.java:1303)
     [java]     at
net.jini.jeri.BasicInvocationHandler.invokeRemoteMethodOnce(BasicInvocationHandler.java:832)
     [java]     at
net.jini.jeri.BasicInvocationHandler.invokeRemoteMethod(BasicInvocationHandler.java:659)
     [java]     at
net.jini.jeri.BasicInvocationHandler.invoke(BasicInvocationHandler.java:528)
     [java]     at $Proxy0.registerGroup(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at
com.sun.jini.start.SharedActivationGroupDescriptor.create(SharedActivationGroupDescriptor.java:354)
     [java]     ... 6 more