river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Non Blocking java.security.Policy - synchronized method is superclass.
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 10:18:17 GMT
Looks like we don't need to be concerned, they've fixed it in Java 8.

7093090
*Votes* 0
*Synopsis* Reduce synchronization in java.security.Policy.getPolicyNoCheck *
Category* java:classes_security
*Reported Against* *Release Fixed* 8(b15) *
State* 10-Fix Delivered, bug *Priority:* 2-High *Related Bugs* *Submit
Date* 20-SEP-2011 *Description*

java.security.Policy.getPolicyNoCheck() is synchronized which causes some thread contention.
Posted Date : 2011-09-20 23:44:03.0

*Work Around*

N/A

*Evaluation*

The fix involved adding an initialized flag to indicate when the system-wide
policy has been initialized and storing both the flag and the Policy object in
an AtomicReference. Then, I also used the double-check locking idiom to avoid
locking the Policy class when the Policy had already been initialized.

Changeset: http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk8/tl/jdk/rev/1945abeb82a0
Posted Date : 2011-11-22 15:15:14.0