river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Fundamental reflective proxies
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2012 01:29:36 GMT
Easy to develop & secure - no proxy codebase required.
No classloading issues.
No class version issues.

The more I think about it, code sharing, whilst a powerful feature, should be limited to trusted
parties who have signed their code, or have their own registrar that uses secure discovery
and requires authentication.

If the platform only used reflective proxy's for services, River would be far easier to deploy
for new developers.

Has anyone previously looked into why we need smart proxy's for platform services and what
we'd lose if we only used reflective proxies?

Cheers,

Peter.