river-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Reedy <dennis.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PreferredClassProvider PreferredClassLoader - URI's or URL's?
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 19:27:40 GMT
Hi Peter,

The URICLassLoader I use has been released into the public domain as explained here:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/publicdomain

Does that still mean that you cant use it with River?

Dennis

On Dec 10, 2011, at 1012PM, Peter Firmstone wrote:

> Dennis,
>
> You utilise URIClassLoader which uses URI instead of URL, I've noticed that it's MPL,
GPL or LGPL licensed so we can't distribute it with River.

> I've been looking into a subtle performance issue with PreferredClassProvider and PreferredClassLoader,
an array of URL's are used as keys in a Map in PreferredClassProvider, I believe that this
has a lot to do with the performance issues that Chris is experiencing with Reggie as posted
on the user list.