river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject Attachments on River Wiki pages
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 15:05:13 GMT
Hi all:

In trying to figure out why I can't put a graphic on
http://wiki.apache.org/river/JavaBasedSOA, I found out from infra@ that
attachments are disabled globally on Apache wikis.  However they will
enable attachments if we implement controls on who can edit pages, as
per http://wiki.apache.org/general/OurWikiFarm.

Basically, right now anyone can add or edit a page on the River wiki, so
long as they register.  Under the tighter control recommended in
'OurWikiFarm' above, registered users would be barred from editing or
adding pages until a member of the AdminGroup adds the user's name into
the ContributorGroup.  This is done by editing a particular page on the
wiki, so it's pretty easy.  I'm not sure who would be in the AdminGroup;
I presume it would be committers or some subset thereof.

If necessary, we could implement a process to grant wiki rights, but
we'd probably be fine to leave that to discretion of the admin group,
who would presumably grant the rights as requested to anyone who was
known on the dev list, with fallback to private@ in case of any
concerns.

Does anyone have thoughts or objections?  It would be nice to use the
wiki for richer discussions and tutorials, and attached files/graphics
would add a lot.

Cheers,

Greg.

--