river-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Hobbs <tvho...@googlemail.com>
Subject Problem with Apache River Release 2.2.0
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 18:52:28 GMT
Hi Infra,

I've been trying to release Apache River 2.2.0 over the past few days
but I seem to have made a pigs ear out of it.

I originally copied the artifacts into a newly created directory on
people.a.o here; /www/www.apache.org/dist/river/2.2.0.

I waited around 24 hours but they never appeared on [1] - also the
"river" never appeared either.  So I took a look in a few of the other
project directories and thought I'd made a mistake and there was some
directory naming convention that I'd missed.  So I moved them into
/www/www.apache.org/dist/river/river-2.2.0.  Waited another 24 hours
but they didn't appear there either.

However, both of these directories can be found on the archive site [2].

So my questions are, what should I have done and can you help me out
of this hole I've dug for myself?

Ideally, I'd like the new artifacts to be available on
www.a.o/dist/river/2.2.0 and for the other directory to disappear
(including from the archive site).

However, in my defense, finding release documentation was remarkably
difficult.  I had to rely on bits and pieces scattered around other
project's sites.  Did I miss something?

"Help me infrastructure team, you're my only hope." *

Thanks,

Tom

* With apologies to George Lucas, although after the the prequals, I'm
not sure he deserves any...

[1] http://www.apache.org/dist/
[2] http://archive.apache.org/dist/river/