river-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Hobbs <tvho...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: PMC Branding Responsibilities
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 06:49:50 GMT
@Peter, yes I think you're right and that's the right way around.

@Patricia, like Peter I didn't realise either.  But I guess that "protecting
the brand of the project" should fall to that projects council.

>From what I understand, it's not a Judge Dredd style enforcement role.  it's
more noticing when any companies that use River start attributing the River
names to themselves.  From what I've seen with other projects and
conversations on board@ it's actually pretty obvious when companies do
this.  We just have to ask them to stop.  If we're at all unsure if
something like that needs attention then we have legal@, trademarks@ and
board@ who are there to help us.  That help could possibly include.handing
the whole issue over to them to resolve if we thought that we were unable
to.

Such actions are a bit outside of my personal comfort zone, but I'm happy
that the ASF has enough support in place should I/we need it.

Grammar and spelling have been sacrificed on the altar of messaging via
mobile device.