river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: PMC Branding Responsibilities
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2011 22:24:05 GMT
Patricia Shanahan wrote:
> I've read the document, and am thinking about its implications.
>
> I am not a trademark enforcer. I have no training as a trademark
> enforcer, and no interest in learning to be one. I did not understand
> that joining the PMC meant becoming a trademark enforcer.
> Patricia

I must admit I didn't either at the time.   From memory, Sim suggested
earlier that we should treat committer and PMC member status separately,
I think he was right.

Perhaps in future when we offer someone committer status, we should
point them to the relevant PMC document and ask them if they'd like to
be a PMC member also.

It is my understanding that a committer doesn't have to be a PMC member,
but a PMC member must be a committer, is that correct?

Peter.