river-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Wonderly <ge...@cox.net>
Subject Re: TaskManager
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 14:00:28 GMT
Can we institute a "call back" mechanism to handle this issue in a way that
allows the "dependent" code to be run from the "after" task so that the
serialization of the work is explicitly specified?

Having a failed announcement come back might be appropriate too.  It seems like
runAfter() doesn't allow for the tasks to talk to each other about whether
progress was made to allow the next step to proceed with any chance of success.

Something like the following might be appropriate.

public interface ExecuteAfter extends Runnable {
	public void failed( Throwable ex, Object dependent );
}

Gregg