river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release River 2.2.0
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 13:12:29 GMT
On 6/30/2011 1:42 AM, Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:
> On 30-06-11 10:12, Tom Hobbs wrote:
>> Actually, lets have a proper vote thread.
>>
>> Release the artifacts 2.2.0 which can be found in
>> http://river.apache.org/~thobbs/river?
>>
>> +1 Peter Firmstone
>> +1 Tom Hobbs
>>

>> Grammar and spelling have been sacrificed on the altar of messaging via
>> mobile device.
>>

> +1 release early, release often!

-0

I don't like releasing with source code that does not compile following
the build instructions in the release. It creates a bad first impression
for anyone interested in the source code. I would like to see the build
instructions updated, NameServiceImpl changed to be 1.5 compatible, and
have an opportunity to test the new build instructions.

On the other hand, the release does get better code into the hands of
people who are only interested in the binary.

I realize my negative vote is only symbolic. Three positive votes are
enough to permit a release to go out.

Patricia