river-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Wonderly <gr...@wonderly.org>
Subject Re: NAT traversal, Meekong Jeri, DGC
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 16:30:32 GMT
The use of a constraint for the end point that would apply the appropriate
transport configuration would seem to be an easy way to cover the issue.

A socket factory, since that is a pluggable mechanism, would solve the problem,
but since for TCP, we could turn on the transport layer option, it seems to me,
that adding a constraint, and then changing River's existing endpoints to
support that if they can, and log an assertion when they can not, would make
life easier for users so that they don't have to understand more about the low
levels of River just to get a useful feature.

Gregg

On 6/27/2011 5:46 AM, Peter wrote:
> Yeah, you're right.
>
> Thinking about it, it's probably lower level than the endpoint implementations too.
>
> STUN, TURN and ICE is really what it's about and existing infrastructure exists,  so
a custom SocketFactory might be the soln, seeing as SSLEndpoint doesn't depend on SSLSocketFactory
this seems appropriate.