river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: info-index.html
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 04:21:47 GMT
Patricia Shanahan wrote:
> I'm working on the "Apache River Release Getting Started & More" page,
> src-doc/static/info-index.html
>
> I has several broken links. Some are easy to deal with - for example,
> replacing incubator links with river.apache.org links.
>
> How do you think we should handle references to jini.org and jini.net?
> jini.org exists but is, as far as I know, frozen. jini.net does not
> currently work, and when it does work will be a link to river.apache.org.
If a jini.org link exists and has relevant info, unless we've got the
same info somewhere on river.apache.org we should probably keep the link
for now.

No point having broken links, we could retrieve the original information
using the way back machine if it's relevant and put it on our wiki perhaps?

> We even have a link with title "starterkit-examples.jini.org (link
> dead)". Unless someone can supply a working version of the link, I'm
> going to delete the complete sentence.
The examples are now included in the trunk/examples directory, so we
should probably just reference that instead

Peter.