river-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release River from current trunk
Date Mon, 30 May 2011 05:48:09 GMT
On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 2:46 AM, Peter Firmstone <jini@zeus.net.au> wrote:

> To get into the Apache web of trust, you'll need to attend one of the Apache
> Developer events like ApacheCon and take your key along on a usb stick.

AND usb stick is overkill. Print out your key's fingerprint on small
pieces of paper, together with your name, and hand out to people who
takes this seriously. They will verify your identity if they don't
know you, and later send you your signed key. That method is less
messy (no computer needed) and I think still recommended "Key Signing
Event" procedure.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer