river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: Modular Build
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 11:33:11 GMT
On 20-05-11 11:51, Tom Hobbs wrote:
> I think that's largely what Dennis has done.  The problem has come from the
> dependencies between source files and how he and Peter have considered how
> they should be spit up.
>
> Maybe that split is wrong, I don't have the whole context or something
> else.  I don't know.

If the gradle build can coexist next to the current build, why not move
it to the trunk?

We can tune the module splits by modifying the copy process, and if we
svn:ignore the the 'new' source tree, and make sure it doesn't get
checked in we can experiment until everybody is happy.

And if we make the copy process based on a macro <copy src='src/blah'
dest='gradle/mod1/blah' />, we can later change that macro to modify the
subversion source tree, when we definitively step over.

But i'm repeating myself now, and last time i proposed this it didn't
make it.

Gr. Sim