river-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Reedy <dennis.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: River-300 | Modular Build
Date Sun, 10 Apr 2011 21:39:03 GMT

On Apr 10, 2011, at 444PM, Tom Hobbs wrote:

> Sorry, I've made no attempt to debug this *at all*, but if I get a
> couple "It works on my machine"s I'll assume the problem is my end.
>
> Given that we want to make the download and build process as easy as
> possible, I've just checked out all of skunk/modules.  Installed
> Gradle 1.0 Milestone 2 and ran the commands:
>
> $ cd ~/workspace/River_River300
> $ gradle build
>
> As per instructions here
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RIVER-300.  Obviously,
> "River_River300" is the root of where I checked out the branch.
>
> I then get a bunch of happy messages, but then some compiler errors,
> starting with river-platform/src/main/java/net/jini/core/discovery/LookupLocator.java:38:
> complaining that it can't find
> net.jini.discovery.LookupLocatorDiscovery.
>
> I can debug these errors as well as the next fella, I'm just
> wondering, are those commands supposed to work straight out of the box
> or did I miss a step?

Should work right out of the box (just downloaded the apache-river-gradle.zip and ran okay
for me).  Did you download apache-river-gradle.zip referenced on the issue?

The compiler error you do see is because LookupLocator has a reference to LookupLocatorDiscovery
(@see LookupLocatorDiscovery), and LookupLocatorDiscovery is not in the platform (jsk-platform.jar).
We either move net.jini.discovery.LookupLocatorDiscovery into the platform or remove the javadoc
reference.

I havent worked on this issue since January, I planned on getting back into it in a few weeks.

Dennis