river-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Hobbs <tvho...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: River-300 | Modular Build
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 07:40:38 GMT
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the help.  I didnt download anything besides doing an SVN
checkout and installing Gradle.  it would seem I didn't read much of the
documentation either.  ;-)

I'll get back to it this evening (UK time) and have another go.

Cheers,

Tom

On 10 Apr 2011 22:39, "Dennis Reedy" <dennis.reedy@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 10, 2011, at 444PM, Tom Hobbs wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I've made no attempt to debug this *at all*, but if I get a
>> couple "It works on my machine"s I'll assume the problem is my end.
>>
>> Given that we want to make the download and build process as easy as
>> possible, I've just checked out all of skunk/modules. Installed
>> Gradle 1.0 Milestone 2 and ran the commands:
>>
>> $ cd ~/workspace/River_River300
>> $ gradle build
>>
>> As per instructions here
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RIVER-300. Obviously,
>> "River_River300" is the root of where I checked out the branch.
>>
>> I then get a bunch of happy messages, but then some compiler errors,
>> starting with
river-platform/src/main/java/net/jini/core/discovery/LookupLocator.java:38:
>> complaining that it can't find
>> net.jini.discovery.LookupLocatorDiscovery.
>>
>> I can debug these errors as well as the next fella, I'm just
>> wondering, are those commands supposed to work straight out of the box
>> or did I miss a step?
>
> Should work right out of the box (just downloaded the
apache-river-gradle.zip and ran okay for me). Did you download
apache-river-gradle.zip referenced on the issue?

> The compiler error you do see is because LookupLocator has a reference to
LookupLocatorDiscovery (@see LookupLocatorDiscovery), and
LookupLocatorDiscovery is not in the platform (jsk-platform.jar). We either
move net.jini.discovery.LookupLocatorDiscovery into the platform or remove
the javadoc reference.