river-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Creswell <dan.cresw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remaining Work For Next Release
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 08:46:41 GMT
Why should it be valid for everyone?

So far the conversation has mostly amounted to "save the SPARC user" at any
cost and that cost includes "penalise all other users".

Is that latter cost something we think we should be asserting? And for how
long?

Further, if those using SPARC can't lend us a box to test on, how serious
are they about their investment in River? Simply and brutally, they're not
supporting us (an opensource co-operative effort), why would we in turn
support them?

Last up, if we are to support these SPARC users and they won't provide the
kit, we have to obtain it and maintain it etc - how are we doing with that?
How well can we do that going forward?

My point overall then is that there's a balance and as yet, I don't see a
proper discussion about that balance just what would be ideal in a perfect
world.

Yeah, I am being a little antagonistic,

Dan.