river-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Hobbs <tvho...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Remaining Work For Next Release
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 09:40:21 GMT
I think themost important question is "have we introduced a new bug?". If
the answer is yes, then it becomes more difficult to justify a release.  But
depending on the likely impact of that bug (we could ask on users@) a
release might still be justifiable.

If the answer is no, I see no obvious reason to delay a release for it.
Especially given that the impact seems limited.

I disagree that this thread has gone into a "save our sparc users" spin.
I'd probably have the same view regardless of the nature of the bug.

Having said that, we should probably (in another thread) discuss just what
we are going to support, and not just JDK versions.

There is grain of truth in what Dan says about supporting architectures that
we have no dev access to.  In short, it's just impossible.  It seems like we
might be able to get some access from some (very kind) community members
though.  So dropping support for sparc or any other arch doesn't seem
necessary right now.  Dropping support just because users won't help us out
seems a bit too agressive though.

Just my opinion.