river-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Remaining Work For Next Release
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 00:41:06 GMT
On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 5:48 AM, Jason Pratt <jpratt3000@gmail.com> wrote:
> please don't release anything with failures. i've been a big fan/user of
> jini since it was released. now that it is alive again via river, a good
> release history will be key to success/survival

Assume for a second that the failure is related to the SPARC JVM
implementation; For how long do you intend us to hold off a release to
the other 99.9654% of the users, searching for a compatible way to
work around the problem?

Sometimes, "known bugs" are just that. The "unknown bugs" is in most
cases a longer list, and should that also hold off a release until we
find and correct them?

I hope I don't come across as too antagonistic... ;-)  ... just want
to provide some perspective.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer