river-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Hobbs <tvho...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Remaining Work For Next Release
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 08:10:51 GMT
Firstly, I think if this is a new bug then we shouldn't do a release.  If
it's a newly discovered bug or a well known one then I think that it's
probably okay to.

I know of at least one corporate user who is still on Jini 2.1 and who I'm
encouraging to move to River once the build is made modular (or not) and the
namespace changes are complete.  They use it on Sparc machines, so it would
be important to them.  I can ask if they'd be prepared to let us borrow one
of them, but I wouldn't hold out much hope that they'd be able to.

Thanks for your kind offer, Greg.  I know that Peter has made a similar
offer, but I think he's snowed under with lots of other stuff at the moment.

So besides this Sparc bug, is all the rest of the work complete for the
release?

It's good to start seeing some noise on the list again!