river-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher Dolan" <christopher.do...@avid.com>
Subject RE: Test anomaly
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2011 18:21:02 GMT
Patricia,

I looked at the existing AddNewDiscoveryListener and agree with your
assessment. But the test code is nigh impenetrable, I have to say. It
would be beneficial in the long run if some of the common code in
LookupDiscovery and LookupLocatorDiscovery were broken apart into
separately testable units...  I tried writing my own test case, but it
doesn't seem possible to mock any of the providers, so to test it you
need an actual registrar, it appears.

For what it's worth, today I wrote my own private test that runs in my
djinn and verified the patch.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Patricia Shanahan [mailto:pats@acm.org]
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2011 7:41 PM
To: river-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Test anomaly

I'm attempting to construct QA tests for the RIVER-395 by copying
existing tests of event delivery and adding a special listener that
throws exceptions. If the patch is correct, the modified test should
pass with all expected events going to the existing listeners despite
the exceptions.

I'm running my tests with 'com.sun.jini.qa.harness.level = FINEST'
logging, so that I can assure myself that the exceptions are being
thrown and events delivered after an exception.

I tried to base a test on
com/sun/jini/test/spec/discoverymanager/AddNewDiscoveryListener.td, and
got no events.

I've since run the complete discoverymanager category. From the logs, I
got no change events, and only 4 tests appeared to have non-zero numbers

of initial events.

Could someone else take a look at this and see if this is as expected?
It looked to me from the comments in AddNewDiscoveryListener.java as
though processing a non-zero number of events is important to the test.

Patricia