river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Test anomaly
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2011 00:40:49 GMT
I'm attempting to construct QA tests for the RIVER-395 by copying
existing tests of event delivery and adding a special listener that
throws exceptions. If the patch is correct, the modified test should
pass with all expected events going to the existing listeners despite
the exceptions.

I'm running my tests with 'com.sun.jini.qa.harness.level = FINEST'
logging, so that I can assure myself that the exceptions are being
thrown and events delivered after an exception.

I tried to base a test on
com/sun/jini/test/spec/discoverymanager/AddNewDiscoveryListener.td, and
got no events.

I've since run the complete discoverymanager category. From the logs, I
got no change events, and only 4 tests appeared to have non-zero numbers
of initial events.

Could someone else take a look at this and see if this is as expected?
It looked to me from the comments in AddNewDiscoveryListener.java as
though processing a non-zero number of events is important to the test.

Patricia