river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: SocketPermission and LookupLocatorDiscovery vs. Reggie scalability
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 01:55:50 GMT
I've been working on a caching SecurityManager, that provides for
permission revocation and Li Gong's method guard pattern (in fact
revocation works best with method guards, since not all standard
permissions are revocable).

Caching is used to overcome the performance bottleneck of method guard
security checks, performed upon each method invocation, instead the
result of security checks is cached for execution contexts, the cache is
cleared if revocation is performed.

This would solve any performance issues for repeated security checks in
your case, the code is in skunk/pepe.

My objective is to get security to scale, enable the use of method
guards, delegates and revocation.

Cheers,

Peter.