river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Remaining Work For Next Release
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 10:05:54 GMT
What is the definition of "new"? Remember we added a lot of QA tests
that were not being run previously, so for most QA tests we do not know
whether they would have passed on an earlier release.

If we can define "new" as being since some specific subversion
check-out, we can build that on a SPARC and see whether the failing test
passes on it or not.

On 4/1/2011 2:40 AM, Tom Hobbs wrote:
> I think themost important question is "have we introduced a new bug?". If
> the answer is yes, then it becomes more difficult to justify a release.  But
> depending on the likely impact of that bug (we could ask on users@) a
> release might still be justifiable.
> If the answer is no, I see no obvious reason to delay a release for it.
> Especially given that the impact seems limited.

View raw message