river-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher Dolan" <christopher.do...@avid.com>
Subject RE: Bibliography format question
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 15:59:06 GMT
I think everyone agrees that whatever output you create, Pat, will be
appreciated so feel welcome to use the tools you prefer.
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Patricia Shanahan [mailto:pats@acm.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 5:31 PM
To: dev@river.apache.org
Subject: Re: Bibliography format question

I've taken a quick look at Lyx, and it is not exactly a LaTeX GUI. It
has its own file format, with LaTeX import and export, although it
closely depends on LaTeX and does do BibTeX bibliographies.

It uses programs such as pdflatex to do its typesetting, so it cannot
have any capabilities that are not in LaTeX.

I'm reluctant to commit to a single GUI, so I'm still intending to
maintain the source files as LaTeX and BibTeX, for which there are many
GUI editors and command line tools. However, I will periodically import
into Lyx to make sure it works. I don't expect need to do anything
really fancy with macros and the like in LaTeX.

Patricia