river-dev mailing list archives

From jgr...@simulexinc.com
Subject RE: Bibliography format question
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 22:01:03 GMT
I completely agree with those who said that if you're starting this, you have real decision
power.   And a pdf output would be just fine for casual readers.

I suppose the only alternative that I might suggest is looking into what wiki tools are available
to us.   A wiki page would be friendlier for cross-contributions and may also provide space
for commenting (discussion tab?).   It also probably has a good citation mechanism.

But then, I'm not familiar with the wiki that Apache uses... and I maybe don't have a 100%
clear idea of what you have in mind that would require the use of LaTex, so cavaets abound.

jamesG

-----Original Message-----
From: "Patricia Shanahan" <pats@acm.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 9, 2011 1:52pm
To: river-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Bibliography format question

My next step on the distributed, fault tolerant transaction management
issue will be to wrote an annotated bibliography. Designing and proving
correctness of protocols and algorithms in this area is not easy, so it
is worth some reading and library search time to make sure we benefit
from all available research.

Is there is preferred way of doing this? Left to myself, I would use
BibTex for the references, and write the notes in LaTex.

Is anyone else likely to want to edit the document? If so, what are
their opinions about the document and bibliography format? Is there an
Apache way of doing something like this?

Regardless of the source format, the document will be available as a
.pdf file, so anyone can use it.

Patricia