river-dev mailing list archives

From Mike McGrady <mmcgr...@topiatechnology.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] drop JDK 5 compatibility
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 03:40:57 GMT
I also have repeatedly stated the grounds for this problem on the past

Sent from my iPhone

Michael McGrady
Principal investigator AF081_028 SBIR
Chief Architect
Topia Technology, Inc
Work 1.253.572.9712
Cel 1.253.720.3365

On Feb 7, 2011, at 5:29 PM, Patricia Shanahan <pats@acm.org> wrote:

> Perhaps it would help understanding if you gave your reasons for not going to Java 6
at this time?

> Patricia
>

> On 2/7/2011 5:25 PM, MICHAEL MCGRADY wrote:
>> This would be the end for us.
>>
>> MG

>>> +0
>>>
>>> Enterprise customers tend to take an "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" attitude
to software upgrades. Oracle recognizes this by having a "Java for Business" roadmap in which
the 5.0 end of life is June, 2014, over three years from now. See http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/eol-135779.html.