river-dev mailing list archives

From Michał Kłeczek <michal.klec...@xpro.biz>
Subject Re: MarshalledServiceItem
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 23:21:53 GMT
Regardless of whether LUS should be used for service browsing or
another service should be used - I can see the issue with
PREFERRED.LIST. It is really unfortunate that the client must download
something just to make a decision whether it must download anything...
Thinking out loud - isn't it (yet another) case for annotating classes
with objects - as I proposed in another thread discussing possible
unmarshalling DoS attacks. That way we could provide the client with
some class loading information (namely - preferred list but possibly
something else as well) in band while still maintaining out of band
code download.

Michal