river-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Environment Spec? [was; drop JDK 5 compatibility]
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 01:13:28 GMT
On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 2:30 AM, Greg Trasuk <trasukg@stratuscom.com> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure you could cover most of this with registration entries.

Yes, I agree. But interoperability can't be done differently by
different people. If each web browser had its own way to deal with
document types (mime types) the web would have stagnated...

So my point is very simple, and not about 'architecting', but choose a
simple mechanism already existing, agree on the attributes (required
and optional) and what the values of those can be.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I live here; http://tinyurl.com/3xugrbk