river-dev mailing list archives

From Calum Shaw-Mackay <calum.shawmac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Environment Spec? [was; drop JDK 5 compatibility]
Date Sun, 13 Feb 2011 21:39:11 GMT
On 13 February 2011 21:11, MICHAEL MCGRADY <mmcgrady@topiatechnology.com>wrote:

> Architecting and developing are such different activities.

Agreed, but ultimately in architecting, a decision has to be reached, one
that may well lead to development; you can't forever talk about an issue and
not resolve it, similarly you shouldn't reach a resolution that requires
actions to be taken, without taking those actions, or at least planning to
take those actions. My point is that River should not completely stay in the
area of developing for the now, at the expense of the future, rather that
there should be some consideration given to what areas we want to
concentrate on for 2.2, 2.3 and even 3.0 whatever those might be.

--Calum