river-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Creswell <dan.cresw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Environment Spec? [was; drop JDK 5 compatibility]
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 11:45:00 GMT
:)

Starter for ten:

(1) Modular Build
(2) Packaging (think this is wider and maybe even separate from build) - in
particular stuff like auto-selecting the right IP addresses for multicast
etc out of the box.
(3) Overall vision, target audience - lots to talk about there. My
favourite: How much can we do without mobile code and is that still
Jini/River?
(4) Promotion

JERI vs RMI - think I'd wait on (3) for that. Certain outcomes might make
this a moot point.